If you're one of those who thinks being glued to the TV is cool, you'd think that PM Modi's recent Americas outreach and Abhishek Chaubey's Udta Punjab were the only issues that gave us sleepless nights. There may be a shred of truth there, but:
1. After the Indian Express had reported on Wednesday that the Election Commission gave the Law Ministry the go-ahead to look at the possibility of holding state and Lok Sabha elections together, the TOI reports today that the government has set-up a committee within the law ministry to expedite the process and come up with a report by July.
2. Didn't we tell you this Udta Punjab thing is really causing some fluttery feathers? I&B minister Arun Jaitley raised expectations by asking us to expect "some very radical changes" in the coming days. Okay. There is also the case of Congress' Capt. Amarinder Singh writing to the producers of the film requesting an uncensored version which he could show the people of Punjab. God.
3. Accusing someone of having a "lust" to kill is a bit much no? Not if you're Maneka Gandhi. The Minister for Women and Child Development has hit out at Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar after the Centre declared the rhesus monkey 'vermin' in Himachal Pradesh. This after the Nilgai was up for the hunt in Bihar recently.
4. It seems the IS has a bucket list. Their very past-meets-present friendly hackers group called the United Cyber Caliphate has released a list of over 8,000 people that the group want dead.
5. Oh but people of Rajkot, Vizag, Pune, Dharamsala, Ranchi and Indore, rejoice. Test cricket will now be played in your cities, our benevolent BCCI has decided.
6. There is a new culinary experience in town. If you're in London do go to (the aptly named?) The Bunyadi, the city's first naked restaurant. If you want your bum on a seat you act fast because 40,000 people have signed up already.