Blow Hot, Blow Cold Tie
- Narendra Modi invites Nawaz Sharif for his inauguration in May 2014
- India calls off foreign secy-level talks with Pakistan in the wake of Pakistani High Commissioner Abdul Basit’s decision to meet Hurriyat leaders in Delhi
- Modi and Sharif meet in Ufa in July 2015, issue joint statement and agree to discuss issues of concern, but without mentioning Kashmir
- Pakistan refuses to act on voice sample of 26/11 accused Lakhvi
- Terror attack in Gurdaspur on July 27
It has been nearly a week since three Pakistani militants—suspected to be Lashkar-e-Toiba fidayeen—sneaked via the river Ravi into Punjab’s Gurdaspur district, attacked a bus, killed three civilians, hijacked a car, drove it to the Dinanagar police station, gunned down four policemen, including a superintendent of police, and were themselves killed in a 10-hour gun battle with security...