The Key Players
- Manmohan Singh, PM Deft attack to put pressure on an ally’s tainted minister.
- M. Karunanidhi, DMK Supports Raja, but is also maintaining a surprising silence.
- Nripendra Mishra, Former TRAI Head Was at loggerheads with Raja. Will he speak up now?
- Siddharth Behura, Former DoT Secy Seen as a key Raja man, is he the fall guy?
- Why is the Congress running the risk of conflict with a long-standing political ally?
- What’s the new information that precipitated CBI action on a two-year-old scam?
- Why did CVC wait for the retirement of DoT secretary Siddharth Behura on Sept 30, 2009, before transferring the case to the CBI?
- Raja says the PM and FM were consulted, but no one is backing that claim or even giving an opinion on it. Why?
- Why is DMK relatively quiet except for a measured show of support for Raja?
- If Raja is showing no inclination to quit, and the PM isn’t showing him the door, then what is the real purpose of the investigation?