Fire On The Yamuna
Congested Trilokpuri is barely 10-12 km from India Gate and Parliament
- 25.9 A ‘Mata ki chowki’ comes up in front of a mosque on first day of Navaratri.
- 3.10 Navaratri over, but chowki stays
- 23.10 A minor scuffle between two boys, Momin and Harish, escalates into a clash between communities. Police arrive, situation under control by night.
- 24.10 Stone-pelting and exchange of fire around blocks 15, 27 starts at noon. Police arrive two hours later; CRPF and RAF deployed but no arrests.
- 25.10 Clashes resume at 10 am and continue till 4 pm. Police fire around 60 rounds of teargas shells; Section 144 promulgated around 6 pm.
- 26.10 & 27.10 Heavy police deployment, curfew-like situation. Mata ki chowki stays, new demands for a temple at the site.