9 Unanswered Questions
- A phone call about a ‘tweet’ is said to have alerted TV reporters on the defence beat to the beheading. Who tweeted?
- Indian journalists have documented beheadings of Pakistani soldiers at the hands of the Indian army in the past. Why the hysteria now?
- An Indian soldier was allegedly beheaded in 2011 when Gen V.K. Singh was in charge. Why did the then chief keep quiet?
- Northern Command made no mention of “beheading” on Jan 8. Why did the MoD do a turnaround four days later?
- If UPA could show restraint even after 26/11, why did it first stall and then suddenly succumb to the hysteria?
- Has Sushma Swaraj provided a scary preview of BJP’s worldview with her “10 heads for one head” statement?
- Were army chief Bikram Singh and air force chief N.A.K. Browne speaking on their own? Or were they airing the government’s view?
- Why did Congress support Shiv Sena’s decision to prevent Pakistani hockey players from joining practice in Mumbai?
- Who gains if the peace process goes off-track? Is it all linked to Pakistan’s internal politics and coming polls?
A Line Of Control Lost