- The sacking of Vasundhararaje as leader of opposition in Rajasthan
- Holding B.C. Khanduri responsible for the electoral debacle and asking him to step down as Uttarakhand chief minister
- Telling the BJP to be careful in promoting lateral entrants to the party who are not from the Sangh
- Clearly indicating to Advani he must step down and make way for younger leaders; telling second-rung leaders of BJP to stop fighting
- Letting the party know Arun Shourie is a “respectable” man, though he heaped abuse on senior BJP leaders. Shourie had also said the Sangh should take over.
There are three unknown men living at No. 9, the bungalow attached to the BJP’s national headquarters at 11, Ashoka Road in New Delhi. They are Ram Lal, who is national general secretary (organisation) of the BJP, V. Satish and Saudan Singh, both of whom hold the title of sahsangathan mantri. All three are pracharaks on deputation from the RSS. They prefer to keep away from the public eye and rarely talk on the record.