- Chief Minister Anandiben Patel not contesting the next election in 2017
- BJP worried over the fallout of the Patidars’ agitation
- Police officers loyal to Narendra Modi and Amit Shah placed in key positions in the state
- New Delhi calls the shots
- Thakur replaced as DGP by P.P. Pandey, who was in jail with Vanzara for the fake encounter of Ishrat Jahan
The transfer of yet another Gujarat officer to New Delhi should hardly have been news. After all, many key positions in the national capital have been held by Gujarat-cadre officers since Narendra Modi became prime minister. But when the transfer is from state DGP to DG (Fire Services, Civil Defence and Home Guards) and decided on without consulting the officer, and if the new DGP is an accused in cases of extra-judicial encounter out on bail, eyebrows are bound to be raised.