- The BJP government in Karnataka seems obsessed with China
- In the last ten months, 633 farmers were sent there on sponsored trips; the target is 1,000 farmers by year-end.
- Critics say party workers are being sent on a jaunt in the guise of farmers
- In 2007, 200 legislators from all parties went on a China trip
- Chief minister B.S. Yediyurappa is the latest to head to Beijing and Shanghai
It’s a connection you will find difficult to arrive at or explain with even the most intricate dialectical argument. However, the BJP government in Karnataka, led by B.S. Yediyurappa, seems in thrall of Communist China. The chief minister is on a six-day tour of the red country with a high-level delegation, mainly spending time in Beijing and Shanghai. Apparently, he hopes to attract investment.