Agatha Sangma could face trouble after the Presidential polls with the NCP leadership receiving complaints against her from party units in Chhattisgarh and Odisha that she campaigned for her father P A Sangma, the BJP-backed opposition nominee for the top post.
A senior party leader said that the issue would come up before a meeting of the NCP Parliamentary Board after the July 19 Presidential elections.
Agatha, a Union Minister of State for Rural Development, is a member of the Lok Sabha from
Tura, a seat represented by her father several times.
Sangma, a founder member of the NCP, resigned from the party to contest the Presidential elections.
Reports had it that Agatha had accompanied her father to Odisha to seek support for him from Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik. She had also attended a function of tribal leaders in Bastar region of
Meanwhile, NCP General Secretary D P Tripathi launched a strong attack on Sangma today accusing him of not maintaining decorum in the campaign for the election to the highest Constitutional post.
Agatha Sangma May Face Trouble After Prez Polls
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: India's 75 Districts, Including All 7 In Delhi, Locked Down Till March 31
- Millions Of Indians Clap To Thank Those Fighting At Forefront Against Coronavirus
- Mridula S. Sree, The Rookie Nurse Who Treated A Wuhan-Returned Patient In An Isolation Ward
- Air India's Corona Warriors, Who Brought Over A Thousand Home, Face Ostracisation In Housing Societies
- Coronavirus: India's Partial Lockdown Reeks Of Class, Caste Bias Leaving Socially, Sexually Disadvantaged Groups Vulnerable
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: Worldwide Deaths Cross 13,000, Italy Worst Hit; India Swings Into Action
- Modi Thanks People For Expressing Gratitude Towards Those Fighting Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Private Firm Employees To Get Salaries During Delhi Lockdown: Kejriwal
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- Delhi Cricket Association Yet To Pay Salaries To Coaches, Support Staff
- Olympics-Bound Indian Athletes Say Thanks To COVID-19 Warriors: WATCH