The Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) today proposed that Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the main litigants in the Ayodhya title suit case, be given an award like Padma Vibhushan for initiating efforts to resolve the vexed issue through an out of court settlement.
"The spontaneous gesture and continuing efforts of Janaab Mohammad Hashim Ansari deserve prompt recognition," APCC General Secretary R Ananda Bhaskar said in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"Hence, I, on behalf of humble thinking class of my generation and younger generations, earnestly propose and request your esteemed authority to consider the name of Mohammad Hashim Ansari for the Gandhi Peace Prize, Padma Vibhushan and also to recommend his name for international peace and harmony awards such as Raman Magsaysay and Nobel peace prize," he said in the letter.
Ananda Bhaskar has sent separate letters on the matter to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the main litigants in the title suits, met Mahant Gyan Das of Hanumanghari who is also the President of Akhil Bhartiya Akhara Parishad to explore the possibility of an amicable solution on October 3.
During an hour-long closed door meeting between Gyan Das and Ansari, the discussions revolved around ways to chalk out an agreement on the 60-year-old temple-mosque dispute.
Ansari Should Be Conferred Padma Vibhushan: APCC
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Amid COVID-19 Risk, Thousands Of Migrant Workers Queue At Delhi Bus Terminals To Leave For Hometowns
- India's Coronavirus Case Count Reaches 198 After 179 New Cases Emerge In Single Day
- What India Has Now Is A Clone Emergency: Just Ask The Police
- Ramayan A Wholesome Treat For Soul, Shouldn't Be Viewed From Political Angle: Deepika Chikhalia
- Every Player Is A Story, Says Hockey Coach Graham Reid
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- IAS Officer In Odisha Draws Public Ire For 'Violating' 14-Day Home Quarantine
- Soaring Bus Fares Worsens Distress Of Migrant Workers Amid Covid-19 Crisis
- COAI Urges To Refrain From Unnecessary Downloading, Uploading On Internet
- Coronavirus: UP To Release 11,000 Prisoners On Parole To Decongest Jails
- 'Trying Three Existing Drugs To Treat COVID-19': IICT
- 'They Pelted Stones To Attack': Police Blank Fire In Assam To Close Market
- Klopp Said Liverpool Vs Atletico Going Ahead Was A 'Criminal Act': Ancelotti
- BCCI Pledges INR 51 Crores To PM-CARES Fund