Revolutionary folk artist and balladeer Gaddar tonight said that the Telangana Praja Front, floated by him, would work with the sole objective of getting a bill introduced in Parliament for the formation of separate Telangana state.
"Our primary objective is introduction of a bill in Parliament. Ours is a political force and not a political party. We feel that only people's movements would achieve the goal," he told reporters after a meeting Front's ad-hoc committee.
Gaddar said he and the members of the Front would tour villages in Telangana districts to strengthen the Telangana statehood demand.
The Front would explain to the people the announcement made by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram last year in favour of separate Telangana and that the process needs to be completed, he said.
He said the Front would seek to pile up pressure on MPs for introduction of the bill for Telangana in Parliament and also strive for uplift of backward classes vis-a-vis separate Telangana formation.
To a query, he said the Front would not contest in elections.
Some members wanted the Front to contest elections and moved away from the outfit but their views have been taken note of, Gaddar said.
He further said he would tour non-Telangana regions to drum up support for separate Telangana.
AP:Gaddar's Telangana Front to Strive for Statehood Bill
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Mike Pence and Kamala Harris Battle It Out At The US Vice Presidential Debate
- ‘India’s Coronavirus Fight Is People Driven,’ Says PM Modi
- 'You Can't Stop Thefts Till Thieves Repent,' Ravichandran Ashwin On 'Mankading'
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- Rhea Chakraborty Walks Out Of Byculla Jail After Bombay HC Grants Her Bail
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar Dies By Suicide
- With EPS As CM Candidate, AIADMK Looks For Continuity
- Want To Cross Verify A Doctor's Credentials? Sorry, You Cannot
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In The TMC
- Atal Tunnel: Himachal To Beef Up Security
- Clinical Tsitsipas Makes History