The RJD today urged the Centre to confer the highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna, posthumously on Verghee Kurien for revolutionizing the concept of cooperative movement in India.
The Centre should confer the 'Bharat Ratna' to Kurien, known as the father of 'Operation Flood' and 'Milk Man of India for the way he promoted millions of milk producers and found a market for them, Leader of the Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique said in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Award Kurien 'Bharat Ratna' Posthumously: RJD
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Down, Down, Down! Why Coronavirus Will Lockdown Indian Stock Market Indefinitely
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: 'Save Yourself, Save Your Family', Says PM Modi; Death Toll Reaches 8
- Coronavirus: No Trains, Metros, Interstate Buses; India Wakes To Empty Streets Amid Lockdowns
- Air India's Corona Warriors, Who Brought Over A Thousand Home, Face Ostracisation In Housing Societies
- Trading Halted For 45 Minutes As Sensex Sinks 10% Over Coronavirus Jitters
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: Worldwide Deaths Cross 13,000, Italy Worst Hit; India Swings Into Action
- Modi Thanks People For Expressing Gratitude Towards Those Fighting Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Private Firm Employees To Get Salaries During Delhi Lockdown: Kejriwal
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- COVID-19: Premier League, NBA, F1 – When Is Sport Aiming To Return?
- Decision Regarding Postponement Of Olympics To Be Taken In 4 Weeks: IOC