The Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sangthan (BGPMUS) today charged the Bhopal Municipal Corporation with supplying polluted drinking water to 14 localities affected by the December 1984 gas disaster.
"We demand that action should be taken against officials responsible for this and criminal cases be filed against them," the Sangthan convenor, Abdul Jabbar told reporters.
The Sangthan convenor said it was strange that the municipal corporation was carrying out with the funds, meant for gas victims, works in localities which did not exist at the time of the disaster.
Jabbar said this was in total violation of rules and this appeared to be done only with a view to derive political mileage and nothing else.
Bhopal: Foul Water Allegedly Supplied to Gas- Hit Areas
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Rhea Chakraborty Walks Out Of Byculla Jail After Bombay High Court Grants Her Bail
- KKR Vs CSK: Kolkata Choke Chennai After Rahul Tripathi's 81
- Pro Pros And Cons: Publicists Face The Music As Drugs Scandal Hits Bollywood
- Aatma Nirbhar Bharat: A Salad Bowl Of Many Healthy Ideas, Some Of Them Incompatible
- The SSR Mega Serial: How TV Media Put Original Family Dramas To Shame
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- FIR Against Sachin Pilot's Media Manager For Reporting 'Phone Tapping'
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar Dies By Suicide
- With EPS As CM Candidate, AIADMK Looks For Continuity
- Want To Cross Verify A Doctor's Credentials? Sorry, You Cannot
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In The TMC
- Atal Tunnel: Himachal To Beef Up Security
- Clinical Tsitsipas Makes History