Describing former RSS chief K S Sudarshan as a "great thinker" and "visionary", BJP leaders today said his death has left a void in the top echelons of the RSS which will be difficult to fill.
BJP national President Nitin Gadkari said in Nagpur that Sudarshan's death was a big blow to the Parivar.
"He was a staunch nationalist who dedicated his entire life in the service of the nation and made remarkable contribution in promoting and expanding the RSS network," he said.
Gadkari said his death has left a void in the top echelons of the RSS which will be difficult to fill. "His departure marks the end of an era in the Sangh Parivar."
Senior BJP leader L K Advani, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj along with Arun Jaitley and Chief Ministers of BJP-ruled states are likely to attend the funeral in Nagpur tomorrow, Gadkari said.
Swaraj tweeted that she was fortunate to have received guidance from the former RSS chief.
"Respected Sudarshanji- former Sarsanghchalak left for his heavenly abode this morning.... I was fortunate to have lots of affection and guidance from respected Sudarshanji," she said.
Paying her respect to the departed soul, Swaraj said, "His departure is a personal loss. I pay my respect at the feet of respected Sudarshanji."
Sudarshan died today morning in Raipur after suffering a heart attack.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said that not only the RSS, but thousands of NGOs engaged in social work had lost a mentor.
"Sad to know about the demise of Sudarshanji. He was blessed with a sharp mind, humorous nature and always known for his simple and disciplined life," Modi wrote on twitter.
"I respectfully pay homage to Sudarshanji, who had dedicated his life towards rural development, among other related issues," Modi told reporters.
In Bangalore, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar expressed grief over his death.
"Hailing basically from Karnataka, Sudarshan dedicated his entire life to the activities of RSS. He was known for his discipline and efficiency. In his death, the state has lost a great patriot and an exemplary social worker. May his soul rest in peace and may God give the family enough strength to bear the loss", Shettar said in his message.
Deputy Chief Minister and state BJP President K S Eshwarappa described Sudarshan as a "guide for all of us".
Eshwarappa said in Sudarshan's death "the nation has lost a person who always worked and thought for society".
Deputy Leader of Opposition in Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha, Ghanshyam Tiwari, today condoled the death of senior RSS leader K Sudarshan.
In his message, Tiwari said Sudarshan was "an ideal volunteer and intellectual and strongly believed in the concept of Swadeshi. He will always be remembered."
BJP Condoles Sudarshan's Death
Nagpur/ New Delhi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- CBI Carries Out Searches At Congress Leader DK Shivakumar's Premises
- Noida Police Apologises For Manhandling Priyanka Gandhi, Orders Probe
- KXIP Vs CSK: Faf, Watson Crush Punjab
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- JEE-Advanced Results Announced, Pune Boy Chirag Falor Tops Exam
- Oppn's Misinformation On Farm Laws Amounts To Criminal Conduct: BJP
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal, BJP Demands CBI Inquiry
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- It’s Been A Very Interesting Journey: Donald Trump on Covid-19
- India's COVID-19 Tally Crosses 66 Lakh-Mark
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat