A rich compilation of speeches of B R Ambedkar on a variety of topics like economics, religion, law and Constitution was released here today.
Penned by Member of Planning Commission and National Advisory Council Narendra Jadhav, the book Ambedkar Speaks is a systematic study of all speeches attributed to Ambedkar in three volumes.
It has a compilation of 537 of his speeches, which he had given in Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi and English.
Releasing the book, Vice President Hamid Ansari termed Ambedkar as an astute political leader, a prominent constitutionalist and a transformational social reformer.
"Jadhav's work gives us a single window access to collected speeches of great thinker and activists of our times. His ideas and philosophy can be studied with benefit by all concerned citizens in our quest for justice, liberty, equality and fraternity," he said.
"His life and work is a testament of his tireless fight against the abhorrent practise of untouchability and the unjust caste system on behalf of the oppressed and the poor."
About 500 speeches related to landmark developments in the country and the ups and downs in Ambedkar's eventful public life have been reviewed and analysed.
"Of these 301 speeches (which were even translated in English where necessary) are presented in full, with succinct contextualisation and are divided into seven categories which include autobiographical, social, economics, poltics, law and Constitution and guidance to followers," said Jadhav.
Minister of External Affairs, Salman Khurshid and former Supreme Court judge V S Sirpurkar were also present at the event.
Book on Ambedkar's Speeches Released
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: With Almost 1,000 Deaths, Italy Records Most Fatalities In A Day; Global Toll Crosses 25,000
- Hit By Coronavirus Lockdown, 90-Year-old Kajodi Trudges Home, 400 Km Away
- How State Governments Are Managing The Coronavirus Pandemic Amid 21-day Lockdown
- RBI Decision On Moratorium On Term Loan Payments Big Relief, Will Help Reduce Financial Stress On Borrowers
- Why IND's Hockey Coach Reid Thinks COVID-19 A Blessing In Disguise
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Amid Lockdown, Many Countries Face Challenges To Repatriate Citizens
- UK PM Boris Johnson, Health Secretary Test Positive For Coronavirus
- 'Clear We Have Entered Recession': IMF Chief Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Stuck in Bangladesh, Kashmiri Students Seek Evacuation Amid Covid-19 Fears
- Hundreds Of Pets Abandoned After WHO Hoardings Trigger Panic
- Coronavirus: Stop Mass Exodus Of Labourers, MHA Asks States
- All Domestic Flights Suspended Till April 14, Says DGCA
- Tendulkar Donates 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19