Congress and BJP today sparred over the presence of cricketer Irfan Pathan at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's election rally in Kheda district of the state.
While Congress leader Salman Khurshid termed Modi as a "worried person" who is trying to pull rabbits out of the hat, BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said Pathan joined the Chief Minister because of his record of governance.
"As an observer of the election process, I am a little bit surprised that he (Modi) is having to pull rabbits, seemingly so many live or dead rabbits out of the hat. Looks like a worried person," Khurshid said.
BJP claimed the rate of growth of minorities is the best in the state and wondered why Congress objected to Pathan's presence in Modi's rally.
"If he (Irfan Pathan) decides to join Narendra Modi because of his record of governance, I am surprised why should Congress take an objection to it," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said here.
He said Pathan, besides being an eminent cricketer, is also a well-known Gujarati.
"By the way, the rate of growth of minorities in Gujarat is the best in the country. Many commissions have also confirmed this," Prasad told reporters.
Cong, BJP Spar Over Irfan Pathan's Presence in Modi Rally
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- KXIP Vs CSK LIVE: Faf, Watson Toy With Punjab; Chennai 81/0 (8)
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- Hathras Case: Chandrashekhar Meets Family
- Bihar Elections: 47 Open Grounds, 19 Halls For Public Rallies
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Nadal Makes Light Work Of Korda In Gusty Paris