Prime Minister's Media Advisor Harish Khare, whose comments on Congress party have created a flutter, today said he has always believed that Congress is the nation's "most enduring source of stability".
"My observations dealt with the Digvijay Singh government (1993-2003). I was commenting on the inherent dilemma a political party faces in bringing about social change.
I have always believed and argued that the Congress party is the nation's most enduring source of stability", he said in a statement, clarifying his position on the reported comments he made at a book release function here yesterday.
Khare had said "Congress by nature is entirely a status quoist, centrist party. It does not believe in conviction. The only conviction it has is in how to win elections".
Referring to the seminar on a book that was released at the function, he said that "I attended and spoke at the seminar in my capacity as a journalist and as an analyst of the Indian political scene.
"But, I do recognise that these comments, made in an academic context, are subject to misinterpretation and misunderstanding. Hence, this clarification".
The Congress party also downplayed Khare's comments. "We believe that he has already clarified his statement and we have nothing more to say," Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here.
Congress Most Enduring Source of Stability: Khare
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- Lalu Yadav Will Not Be Able To Campaign In Bihar Polls Despite Getting Bail
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- If There’s Evidence Of TRP Manipulations, I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Use Of IoT In Supply Chain Will Bring Down Product Cost: NASSCOM
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready, Sasikala May Walk Out Of Jail Any Time Now: Lawyer
- Piyush Goyal Gets Additional Charge After Paswan's Death
- Rajasthan: 50-Year-Old Priest Set Ablaze After Dispute With Land Mafias
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA