Distancing himself from the disclosures made by Mallika Sarabhai, former state Intelligence Bureau chief R B Sreekumar today said the copy of affidavit handed over to media by the noted danseuse here was not his.
"The copy of affidavit being circulated is not mine. Its content as told by Mallika Sarabhai to media could be true to some extent. I have submitted a 10-page affidavit to the Nanavati commission, which includes three annexures making it a 63 page document," he said.
Challenging the veracity of the affidavit copy handed to media persons by Sarabhai, Sreekumar said, "Was the copy of so called affidavit circulated to media a certified copy taken out from the Nanavati commission?
"The long and short of the story is that Gujarat Chief Minister had called a meeting and asked me to handover Rs 10 lakh to Sanjiv Bhatt, so I handed over the money to him," he said.
"The Chief Minister and Sanjiv Bhatt were in direct communication, so I am not aware what happened," he added.
Earlier in the day, Sarabhai accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of using public funds to "bribe her lawyers" in an attempt to derail proceedings of the PIL filed in the Supreme Court by her in the 2002 communal riots case in the state.
She also handed over a three page document to media persons, claiming it to be the affidavit submitted by Sreekumar to G T Nanavati and Akshay Mehta Commission, probing the 2002 Gujarat riots, in support of her allegations.
Copy of Affidavit Circulated in Media Not Mine: Sreekumar
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- Lalu Prasad Yadav Granted Bail In Fodder Scam Case, But To Remain In Jail
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- If There’s Evidence Of TRP Manipulations, I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%, Says Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready, Sasikala May Walk Out Of Jail Any Time Now: Lawyer
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- 'BJP To Rule For 30-Years, If People Hang Vivekananda's Picture:' Biplab
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA