The Prime Minister's wife Gursharan Kaur today joined the people in expressing outrage over the gangrape of a young girl and said severe punishment should be meted out to the culprits.
She, at the same time, said any protest against the "ghastly" crime should be peaceful as it would yield more results than violent demonstrations.
The December 16 incident in a moving bus here was a "very bad incident" and that she was at loss of words in expressing her condemnation, she said.
"We all are very sad at this incident but if they (protests) are conducted in a peaceful manner, they will yield more results," Kaur told reporters on the sidelines of the release of a book
Sikh Heritage Ethos and Relics here.
"This is a horrible crime...Such incident need to be condemned in the strongest possible way," she said.
Kaur said severe punishment needed to be handed down to the accused and that there was a need for fast-track courts to deal with such cases.
Delhi Rape: PM's Wife Calls for Severe Punishment
THE LATEST ISSUE
- IAF Well Positioned To Deal With Any Threat: Air Chief RKS Bhadauria
- CBI Carries Out Searches At Congress Leader DK Shivakumar's Premises
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- RCB Vs DC: Battle Of Equals In Dubai
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- JEE-Advanced Results Announced, Pune Boy Chirag Falor Tops Exam
- Oppn's Misinformation On Farm Laws Amounts To Criminal Conduct: BJP
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- Noida Police Apologises For Manhandling Priyanka Gandhi, Orders Probe
- India's COVID-19 Tally Crosses 66 Lakh-Mark
- Hathras Case: Protests Staged At Times Square
- EPL Champions Liverpool Concede Seven Goals For First Time In 57 Years