Top jurist Fali S Nariman today termed as "unfortunate" Gujarat junior Home Minister Amit Shah's decision not to appear before the CBI and said he should answer the charges levelled against him.
"It is unfortunate. He should appear before the CBI and answer their charges. If charges are not correct then he can protest later on but right now he has to answer the charges levelled by the investigating agency," Nariman said on the sidelines of a conference here.
Shah resigned from the state ministry after CBI charged him with murder in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
Shah had failed to appear before the CBI yesterday for questioning for the second time in two days following summons issued twice.
Criticising Shah's decision to "boycott" the investigating agency, Nariman said, "I do not approve the boycott. If somebody (investigating agency) calls you then you must go."
Fali Nariman Flays Amit Shah's Decision
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Centre Announces Economic Relief Measures Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Count Soars As More Test Positive In Srinagar, Karnataka; Death Toll Reaches 10
- The Corona Warriors: Muzaffer Ahmad, The Kashmir Doctor Who Steadfastly 'Captures' COVID-19 Victims
- 'Release All Detainees, Restore 4G Internet': Omar Abdullah's First Word After 8-Month Detention
- First Communal Violence, Now Coronavirus Fears, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Know Your Essential Services
- Locals Protest Against Cremation Of Coronavirus Patient In Bengal
- Humour And Solitary Walks: Mental Health Advisory In Kashmir To Fight Corona Crisis
- Coronavirus: Sonia Urges PM, Cong CMs To Take Measures For Wage Support To Construction Workers
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- 'Seems Like This Regime Fears Women The Most': Iltija Slams Centre As Mother Remains In Detention
- Olympics Postponement Inevitable: IOC Official
- Ganguly Captures Kolkata's Emptiness