Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar has clarified that he has joined the Trinamool Congress Youth wing as a member of their Advisory Board for cultural activities.
"The media had reported that I have joined the Trinamool Congress Youth Wing. The truth is that I have been asked to be a member on an Advisory Board for cultural activities, in my capacity as an actor/filmmaker," Farhan said on micro-blogging site Twitter.
"This is in my understanding, to be an apolitical Board. I hope this will clear my stand on this decision once and for all," he said.
The All India Trinamool Yuva Committee is headed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's 24-year-old nephew Abhishek Banerjee.
Farhan along with tennis star Leander Paes and Sam Pitroda, who are also members, would guide the youth wing of Trinamool Congress.
Farhan on TC's Advisory Board for Cultural Activities
THE LATEST ISSUE
- NEET Toppers: History Is Made As Two Students Score 100 Per Cent
- MI Vs KKR: Mumbai Whip Kolkata After De Kock, Rohit Blitz
- Rohtang Tunnel Leaves Filth In Its Wake
- EXCLUSIVE | Like TRPs, Is Indian Readership Survey Compromised Too?
- Vice President Lauds Outlook Poshan Campaign
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Himachal’s Hathras: 3 Years On, Victim’s Parents Still Seek Justice
- KKR Weren't Even In The Race: Morgan
- How Will Liverpool React In Derby?
- After Tanishq Ad, Akshay Kumar’s Film Is Accused Of Promoting Love Jihad
- Farm Bills A False Experiment In The Name Of Agricultural Freedom
- Shatrughan Sinha Hopes To Avenge ‘Injustice’ In LS Polls Through His Son
- A Day After Gupkar Meet, Jammu Rally For Statehood
- COVID-19 Resulted In Largest Global Economic Contraction In 80 Years