Indian beauty Freida Pinto has made it to People magazine's list of World's Best Dressed Women, sharing space in the top ten with US first lady Michelle Obama and Oscar-winner Kate Winslet.
Pinto, 24, who shot to global fame with her role in the multiple-Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire, was included in the list for her perfect colour selection.
"Freida Pinto became a style sensation this year when she hit the red carpet in support of Slumdog Millionaire in vibrant colours, including this cornflower blue Marchesa and coral Dries van Noten," the magazine said praising her.
The list, which was released yesterday, has no numerical ranking but has assigned different categories to the women, who have set the fashion world ablaze with their unique style sense.
US first lady Michelle, who recently received flak for wearing shorts during a holiday, was adjudged as "best accessible glamour" for her simple yet elegant style.
"She's made a signature style out of sleeveless sheaths and shown an uncanny knack for mixing high and low, wearing everything from Gap and J Crew to Michael Kors and Narciso Rodriguez," the magazine said.
Winslet was named 'Best Red Carpet' for her stunning selection of gowns including the one shouldered YSL gown that she wore during this year's Academy Awards, where she won the trophy for the 'Best Actress'.
Legally Blonde star Reese Witherspoon made it to the list for having the 'Best Short Dresses'.
"Reese Witherspoon took a turn for the edgy and sexy this year, setting off her fabulous legs in shorter hemlines by Fendi and Rodarte," the magazine said about the Walk the Line star's fashion choices.
Pop superstar Beyonce Knowles was adjudged as best 'Street Chic' for jazzing up her looks with smart accessories.
The other Hollywood beauties, who made it to the list include country singer Taylor Swift, named 'Best Sparkle', socialite Kim Kardashian 'Best Bikini', Cameron Diaz 'Best Jean', High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens 'Best Boho' and Nicole Richie for 'Best Maternity Wear'.
Freida Pinto, Winslet in People's Best Dressed List
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Kerala Announces Lockdown After 28 New Cases; Global Death Toll Crosses 15,000
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Likely To Take Oath As Madhya Pradesh CM Today
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Crisis: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- SC To Hear Urgent Matters Over Video-Conference
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- AUS Pull Out Of 2020 Olympics
- COVID-19: Fewer Competitions, Teams, Matches - FIFA Muse Football 'Reform'