Union minister Agatha Sangma, the daughter of BJP backed presidential candidate P A Sangma, today said it was 'pointless' to ask her whether she would vote for her father or UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
"It's pointless to put me in a tough spot ... I, as an MP and a minister know my responsibilities. So far I've done my job to the best of my capability and this question should not even arise,"
Agatha, belonging to the NCP, said on the sidelines of a religious tribal festival near here.
The former Lok Sabha Speaker, who has resigned from the NCP, a party he founded, is backed by the
BJP, AIADMK, BJD and some other parties.
"Having P A Sangma as a contender for the president's post is something. I, as a daughter, am extremely proud that he is in the race," she told
"Winning or losing does not depend on one person, it depends on various factors. Nobody knows what will happen. What we see and hear are speculations," she said.
The minister of state for rural development said "The tribal communities from the North East region are delighted. It is a matter of pride for all of us."
I Know My Responsibilities as an MP: Agatha Sangma
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Kerala Announces Lockdown After 28 New Cases; Global Death Toll Crosses 15,000
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Likely To Take Oath As Madhya Pradesh CM Today
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Crisis: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- SC To Hear Urgent Matters Over Video-Conference
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- AUS Pull Out Of 2020 Olympics
- COVID-19: Fewer Competitions, Teams, Matches - FIFA Muse Football 'Reform'