Actress Kalki Koechlin, who played a schoolgirl-turned-prostitute in her debut movie Dev-D, says she is looking forward to play mature roles like Bandit Queen.
"I want to play strong-headed characters like Bandit Queen and Sonia Gandhi, playing teenage roles are too cumbersome now. I want to be versatile instead of sticking to one type of image," says Koechlin, who played the character of Chanda in the Anurag Kashyap's modern day adaptation of Saratchandra's classic novel.
"My young look draws attention towards roles which are under-18, that is why the directors offer me such characters to play. But I definitely need to look beyond," the 25-year-old baby-faced actress says.
Koechlin will next be seen as an NGO worker in her next film I am Afia, directed by Onir of My Brother Nikhil fame.
"I am playing a role of an NGO worker who fights against the in depth corruption in The NGO sector which is more or less like a business these days," she adds.
Born and brought up in Pondicherry, Koechlin is all set to play a teenager again in Bijoy Namdayal's Shaitan.
"I am playing the character of a young rich and spoiled girl who is a spend thrift and because of her attitude how she gets into trouble," says Kalki who leaves for Venice to attend the screening of Dev D with director boyfriend Anurag Kashyap.
The Venice film festival will screen Dev D on Sept 9th and Delhi-6 on Sept 7th.
The young beauty will walk the red carpet with Kashyap in a green rustic gown for the screening.
The gown with French embroidery teemed with a green clutch has been designed by Preeti S Kapoor, specially for this occasion.
"I am really excited to wear the gown. It is really exotic and beautiful to suit the occasion," adds Kalki.
Talking about Anurag as a partner Koechlin feels that she is lucky to have him in her life.
"As a partner he is very mature on one hand and loving on the other hand. Working with him is an eye-opener.He is a perfectionist. He puts his 100 per cent to receive what he desires," she adds.
I want to Play Strong-Headed Roles: Kalki Koechlin
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: India's 75 Districts, Including All 7 In Delhi, Locked Down Till March 31
- Millions Of Indians Clap To Thank Those Fighting At Forefront Against Coronavirus
- Mridula S. Sree, The Rookie Nurse Who Treated A Wuhan-Returned Patient In An Isolation Ward
- Air India's Corona Warriors, Who Brought Over A Thousand Home, Face Ostracisation In Housing Societies
- Coronavirus: India's Partial Lockdown Reeks Of Class, Caste Bias Leaving Socially, Sexually Disadvantaged Groups Vulnerable
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: Worldwide Deaths Cross 13,000, Italy Worst Hit; India Swings Into Action
- Modi Thanks People For Expressing Gratitude Towards Those Fighting Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Private Firm Employees To Get Salaries During Delhi Lockdown: Kejriwal
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- Delhi Cricket Association Yet To Pay Salaries To Coaches, Support Staff
- Olympics-Bound Indian Athletes Say Thanks To COVID-19 Warriors: WATCH