He rocked through the hearts of the youth with his memorable act in Rock On and Bollywood actor-director Farhan Akhtar hopes that he will get a chance to reprise his role in future.
"I would love to do another Rock On if given a chance," Farhan told PTI.
Farhan, who made his directorial debut with Dil Chahta Hai in 2001 has come up a long way in Bollywood and has tried out his hands on everything coming his way being a script writer, actor, playback singer, lyricist, film producer, and a television host.
"Rock matches my identity and I have over 18, 000 songs on my I-pod. I listen to classics like Pearl Jam and Guns N' Roses for inspiration.
"My mind is open to everything and I do everything with equal amount of passion. I have tried acting and singing, maybe after one or two years you will see another asset of mine," Farhan said on the sidelines of his rock performance as the brand ambassador for Maruti A-Star on its first anniversary.
However, Farhan who followed up Dil Chahta Hai with Lakshya and Don is perturbed by reports that he is not interested in making films any more as his last movie Positive, a short film on AIDS starring Shabana Azmi and Boman Irani came way back in 2007.
"I feel bad about such reports, I was ready to direct Don 2 this year but Shahrukh had to undergo a surgery so we had to postpone it. I am also also working on a movie called Sid but it is in a very initial stage and we are still putting it together," says the 35-year-old director.
The son of scriptwriters Javed Akhtar and Honey Irani, Farhan will next be seen in Karthik Calling Karthik opposite Deepika Padukone.
"It was an extremely enjoyable experience working with Deepika. My character in the movie plays with the Rubik's cube and now I am mastering it to solve it in minimum time," says Farhan who also learnt how to drive a bike for the film.
"As a kid I was told by my mom that she will disown me if I ride a bike. So I was always into cars and I once covered my whole room with cuttings of sports cars," he adds.
Farhan, who also starred in his sister Zoya Akhtar's directorial debut Luck By Chance this year dismissed reports that she is making a film Gulel this year starring Hrithik Roshan and Abhay Deol alongside him.
"I have heard this name very often now but I have no idea what this is about. As far as I know there is no movie like this," he says.
Farhan is awaiting the release of his first movie as an actor 'The Fakir of Venice' (2007) directed by Anand Surapur's which has not hit the silver screen yet.
"It is the first thing I worked in as an actor, but I am not the producer of the film. I hope it releases soon," he says.
Farhan feels there is no need to draw a line between realistic and commercial cinema.
"Look at Taare Zameen Par and Rang De Basanti, they are intelligent movies and yet they entertained the audience. You should not mix comedy and entertainment," he says.
I would Love to do 'Rock On 2' : Farhan Akhtar
Bhaskar Pant/New Delhi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Bengal Durga Puja Pandals No Go Zones, Rules Court, Health Experts Relieved
- CSK Vs RR: Buttler Keeps Rajasthan Afloat, Chennai Slide To Bottom
- Amid Border Standoff With China, Australia To Join Malabar Naval Exercise
- Why Punjab And Haryana Are The Hub Of Farmer Protests
- Medical Insurance Companies Wash Their Hands Of Covid Claims
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- CSK Didn't Turn Up This Season, Says Dejected Dhoni After 7th Defeat
- Fight To Restore Article 370 Will Go On Even If I’m Hanged, Says Farooq
- As Everything Goes Virtual In Pandemic, So Does Dating
- Indian-American Teen Wins $25,000 Prize For Potential COVID Treatment
- Vijay Sethupathi Withdraws From Muttiah Muralitharan Biopic
- Cinema Is Not A Welfare State: Pankaj Tripathi
- Half Of Indians Likely To Have Had COVID-19 By February: Govt Panel
- Messi's Form 'Could Be Better' But Koeman Has No Complaints