India has conveyed to Pakistan its "serious concerns" over the abduction and forced conversion of Hindu girls and marriage against their will to Muslim men there, government told the Rajya Sabha today.
In reply to a question over the problems of Hindus in Pakistan, Minister for External Affairs E Ahamed said the government has come across reports on the issues faced by minority communities in Pakistan.
"Government has from time to time come across reports on the problems faced by members of the minority communities in Pakistan, including the reports on abduction of Hindu traders from Baluchistan and the televised conversion of a Hindu young man in Pakistan to Islam," he said.
He said it is the responsibility of Pakistani government to discharge its obligation towards its citizens and "incidents of persecution and intimidation of Hindus have also been reported."
Based on reports of persecution of minority groups, the government had in the past taken up the matter with Pakistan, he said.
On response from Pakistan, he said, "government of Pakistan stated that it was fully cognizant of the situation and looked after the welfare of all its citizens, particularly the minority community.
Ahamed also told the House that India's serious concerns over the "recent forced conversion and marriage of Hindu girls against their will to Muslim men in Pakistan" have been conveyed to Pakistani side.
"A demarche was made with Pakistan on May 8 in this regard. It was conveyed that it is our expectation that the government of Pakistan will look after the well being of its minority communities and discharge its responsibilities in this regard," he said.
On reply received from Pakistan over this, he said that its Supreme Court has taken up the issue and the government is seized of the matter to provide full protection to all minorities.
India Conveys Concern Over Abduction of Hindus to Pak
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- SRH Vs KXIP: Hyderabad Openers Off To Flying Start; 93/0 (9)
- UP Police Violated SC Guidelines By Invoking UAPA Against Kerala Journo: Union
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Women's Wing Of TMC Holds Protest Rally Against Hathras Rape
- American Poet Louise Glück Wins Nobel Literature Prize
- Violence Erupts Between WB Police & BJP Workers
- French Open: Ailing Djokovic Keen Not To 'Reveal Too Much' Before Semi-final
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- I Am Still A Student Of Cinema: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- The Saudi Crown Prince Reveals His Schizophrenia
- Ind Vs Aus 2020-21: Cricket Series To Start With ODIs In Brisbane From Nov 25