India today underlined the need for inclusive processes to meet the legitimate political aspirations of people in the Middle East, as it pitched for countries like Palestine to play their "rightful" role on the global stage.
Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed said that the recent developments in the Middle East has underlined the fact that violence is not the way to meet the legitimate aspirations of people.
Addressing the 4th Annual Forum of the UN Alliance of Civilizations in Doha, Ahamed said it is the responsibility of the countries to create conditions that enable their people to freely determine their pathways to development.
"Particularly in the Middle-East, the developments over the past year again underlined ever so strongly the need for inclusive processes underpinned by dialogue, not violence, and reforms to meet the legitimate aspirations of people," he told the conference.
"It is also imperative that nations like Palestine which have been denied (the opportunity) to play their rightful role in the international community are allowed to do so," he said.
Governments in the Middle East and Arab states are under pressure from their citizens to undertake political reforms to reflect the political aspirations of the people.
Ahamed said that societies cannot be reordered from outside and any process of change should be driven by the desires of the people in the spirit of inclusiveness.
"The world is becoming a global village and it is almost impossible for any country or any nation to remain untouched by the outside influences. But what is needed is to absorb these trends, these diversities, these differences so as to produce a beautiful civilizational mosaic where all different cultures, thoughts can co- exit peacefully," he said.
He said India fully supports the initiatives of the Alliance and welcomes and supports all efforts to build bridges of understanding between nations, peoples, religions, and cultures across the many fault-lines that exist.
India for 'Rightful Role' for Palestine on Global Stage
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India Death Toll Reaches 6; Passenger Trains Cancelled Till March 31
- Janata Curfew Underway; Streets Empty As PM Modi Urges People To Stay Home
- 13 Soldiers Untraceable 24 Hours After Encounter With Naxals In Chhattisgarh
- From Handling Trauma Victims To COVID-19 Patients, Abdul Rehman Has Carried Them All
- Coronavirus: India's Partial Lockdown Reeks Of Class, Caste Bias Leaving Socially, Sexually Disadvantaged Groups Vulnerable
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: India's Death Toll Rises To 6 As Two Die In Bihar, Mumbai
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Crosses 13,000 As 1 Billion Confined To Homes
- Coronavirus: Health Authorities In Kashmir Demand Ventilators
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- Baroda Women's Cricket Coach Suspended For Alleged Harassment
- Olympics: IOC Asks Member Countries About Coronavirus Impact