India today underlined the need for inclusive processes to meet the legitimate political aspirations of people in the Middle East, as it pitched for countries like Palestine to play their "rightful" role on the global stage.
Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed said that the recent developments in the Middle East has underlined the fact that violence is not the way to meet the legitimate aspirations of people.
Addressing the 4th Annual Forum of the UN Alliance of Civilizations in Doha, Ahamed said it is the responsibility of the countries to create conditions that enable their people to freely determine their pathways to development.
"Particularly in the Middle-East, the developments over the past year again underlined ever so strongly the need for inclusive processes underpinned by dialogue, not violence, and reforms to meet the legitimate aspirations of people," he told the conference.
"It is also imperative that nations like Palestine which have been denied (the opportunity) to play their rightful role in the international community are allowed to do so," he said.
Governments in the Middle East and Arab states are under pressure from their citizens to undertake political reforms to reflect the political aspirations of the people.
Ahamed said that societies cannot be reordered from outside and any process of change should be driven by the desires of the people in the spirit of inclusiveness.
"The world is becoming a global village and it is almost impossible for any country or any nation to remain untouched by the outside influences. But what is needed is to absorb these trends, these diversities, these differences so as to produce a beautiful civilizational mosaic where all different cultures, thoughts can co- exit peacefully," he said.
He said India fully supports the initiatives of the Alliance and welcomes and supports all efforts to build bridges of understanding between nations, peoples, religions, and cultures across the many fault-lines that exist.
India for 'Rightful Role' for Palestine on Global Stage
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Mike Pence and Kamala Harris Battle It Out At The US Vice Presidential Debate
- ‘India’s Coronavirus Fight Is People Driven,’ Says PM Modi
- 'You Can't Stop Thefts Till Thieves Repent': R. Ashwin On 'Mankading'
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- Rhea Chakraborty Walks Out Of Byculla Jail After Bombay HC Grants Her Bail
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar Dies By Suicide
- With EPS As CM Candidate, AIADMK Looks For Continuity
- Want To Cross Verify A Doctor's Credentials? Sorry, You Cannot
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In The TMC
- Atal Tunnel: Himachal To Beef Up Security
- Clinical Tsitsipas Makes History