A local court has quashed a case filed against Tennis star Sania Mirza and south Indian actress Kushboo over their view on pre-marital sex.
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Suman Shrivastava said that Sania and Kushboo had expressed their view over the pre-martial sex in regard to deadly AIDS disease.
Therefore, prima facie there was no merit in taking cognizance of the case, the JMFC said, dismissing it on July 7. "Every citizen, according to the Constitution, has the right to freedom of expression," JMFC observed.
One Manohar Bhamare, 50, on the basis of newspapers' report had filed a case in the court against Sania and Kushboo on November 18, 2005.
In his petition, Bhamare said that the obscene views of Sania and Kushboo had hurt the feelings of his three unmarried daughters and scores of such girls across the country.
Kushboo, in a 2005 interview, had said that it was not wrong for women to have pre-martial sex as long as they took precautions. Following this, criminal cases were filed against her in Tamil Nadu courts.
She was joined in by Sania Mirza. However, after protests over her reported remarks over pre-martial sex, Sania had strongly denied saying it.
This year, the Apex Court had dismissed all 22 criminal cases against Kushboo.
Indore Court Quashes Case Against Sania, Kushboo
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- KXIP Vs CSK LIVE: Punjab Set 179-Run Target For Chennai
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader, Party Stages Protest
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- Piyush Goyal Inaugurates Kolkata's Phoolbagan Station
- Hathras Case: Editors Guild Condemns UP Govt For Obstructing Media
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Nadal Makes Light Work Of Korda In Gusty Paris