Sachin Tendulkar was all praise for young Ambati Rayudu who smashed an unbeaten 63 during Mumbai Indians' nine-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore, here today.
"It was a brilliant innings from the young man Rayudu. It was a special stuff," the maestro said lavishing praise on his young teammate.
Tendulkar said that they had discussed about restricting the opposition to 140 and he was happy that they were able to achieve that.
"When we started to bowl, we had hoped the target to be a maximum of 140. Malinga again provided us a great start. We also fielded well and it was another superb team effort. The idea was to bowl as straight as possible and we did just that."
However the legendary batsman doesn't want his teammates to be complacent.
"We have had a good beginning and we have to maintain the consistency as there is still a long way to go."
Rayudu on his part credited Tendulkar and MI coach Robin Singh for his performance.
"I have worked hard at the nets under Robin sir. It's paying off now. Also it's good to get runs in Bangalore."
Rival captain Daniel Vettori conceded that 140 was a defendable total but his bowlers let him down.
"We came off the field thinking it was a difficult wicket, but we didn't bowl particularly well, and the injury to Nannes (side strain) hampered our plans. We have to take a call on whether to rest him as we have got couple of quick games," a concerned skipper said.
Asked about whether the total was a bit less, he replied, "We thought that 140 was a good score. Full credit to Mumbai Indians bowlers. Malinga is always a difficult bowler to play in the beginning. Harbhajan bowled well and Pollard also chipped in with useful wickets."
It Was a Special Innings from Rayudu: Tendulkar
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC LIVE: Axar Gets Ali; Bangalore 75/4 (12)
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Amit Mishra's Season Ends
- Cavani To Man Utd, Depay To Barca: Possible Transfer Deadline Day Deals