Days after she joined the ruling DMK, south Indian actress Khushboo's nine-year-long popular reality game show has been dropped by pro-AIADMK 'Jaya TV'.
Jaya TV, run by relatives of Sasikala, a close associate of AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa, has stopped telecasting the largely viewed show 'Jackpot' anchored by Khushboo.
Jaya TV sources said the hour-long programme was stopped as the channel's policy was not to have any link with people, who had connections with DMK.
They pointed out that the channel refrained from the telecast of films for which Chief Minister and DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi had penned the script.
Khushboo, when contacted, said it was not a surprise for her as she was expecting it since joining the DMK on Friday.
Asked whether she would anchor a similar programme on the SUN TV or the Kalaignar TV, run by those close to the DMK leadership, she said she had not yet thought about it.
The 39-year-old actress, however, said it was wrong to mix business with politics.
'Jackpot', telecast at the prime time on Sunday nights enjoys good TRP ratings.
Khushboo, who won a four-year long legal battle when the Supreme Court recently quashed 22 cases filed against her in different courts over her controversial remarks on pre-marital sex, had enrolled herself as a primary member of DMK in the presence of Karunanidhi on Friday.
Jaya TV Turns Heat on Khushboo; Drops Her Show
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- KXIP Vs CSK LIVE: Punjab Set 179-Run Target For Chennai
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader, Party Stages Protest
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- Piyush Goyal Inaugurates Kolkata's Phoolbagan Station
- Hathras Case: Editors Guild Condemns UP Govt For Obstructing Media
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Nadal Makes Light Work Of Korda In Gusty Paris