Justice (Retd) Rajinder Sachar today denied having received any letter from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee seeking his advice on the development of the Muslims in the state.
"This is not true. I have not received any letter from Mamata Banerjee seeking my advice on the development of the Muslims in the state", Sachar said to a query by the scribes.
Sachar said "I have done my duty by submitting report on the status of minorities in the country and the chapter ends there."
Sachar, however, said that sometime ago during his visit to the city, he had a brief interaction with the chief minister on some issues. "I liked her attitude", he added.
After meeting Sachar on July 30, the chief minister had said that her government would follow the suggestions of the former judge.
Banerjee also said that Sachar had asked her to keep a tab on the development projects relating to the minorities.
Justice Sachar Denies Receiving Letter From Mamata
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hundreds Of Pets Abandoned In Mumbai After WHO Hoardings On COVID-19 Trigger Panic
- Hit By Coronavirus Lockdown, 90-Year-Old Kajodi Trudges Home, 400 Km Away
- Coronavirus Live Updates: 65-Yr-Old Man With Travel History To Delhi Dies In Karnataka
- RBI Reduces Key Repo Rate By 75 Basis Points To 4.4% Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- 'No One To Sleep Hungry': Kejriwal Announces Meals For 4 Lakh People Amid Lockdown
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- The Delhi Cop Who Looks After 350 Poor Families Amid Covid-19 Lockdown
- 'RBI Took Giant Steps To Save Economy From Coronavirus Impact': PM Modi
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Prasar Bharati To Re-run 'Ramayan' From Mar 28
- Coronavirus: Athletes Qualified For 2020 Olympics Will Keep 2021 Spots – REPORT
- UP Cops Make People Hop With Bags During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Kabul Gurdwara Attack Pak Attempt To Rupture Strong Indo-Afghan Ties
- US Has Now Most Positive Coronavirus Cases In World; Overtakes China, Italy
- Tendulkar Donates 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19