Veteran music composer Khayyam today said he was overwhelmed by the Padma Bhushan honour bestowed on him and felt energised to work on new compositions.
"Recognition in form of awards is very good. I thank the government and the jury which suggested my name for the honour," Khayyam told PTI.
"Creativity is team work and I could churn out some memorable music because of my producers, directors, musicians and artistes," he said.
Khayyam said he was all set to work on two new films and one music album.
"I always compete with myself and I am confident my new music will be better than my earlier work," he said.
Actress Tabu described the Padma Shri as a "big surprise".
"I feel honoured and proud. This is recognition of hard work," she said.
Fellow actress Kajol described the Padma Shri conferred on her as an "honour".
"It's an honour and a pleasure when you are selected for the Padma Shri and I thank all those who thought me worthy of it."
She said she was very happy with the way this year has started for her.
Khayyam, Tabu, Kajol Feel Honoured by Padma Awards
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Centre Asks States To Strictly Enforce Lockdown To Prevent Coronavirus Spread
- Market Extends Fall As Trading Resumes, Sensex Plunges 3,186 Points
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Positive Cases Jump To 415 In India; SC Mulls Shutdown
- Down, Down, Down! Why Coronavirus Will Lockdown Indian Stock Market Indefinitely
- Coronavirus: SC To Hold Hearing Over Video-Conference; Mulls Shutting Down Premises
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Fact Check: NASA Didn't Show Coronavirus Retreat In India Due To Clapping
- Coronavirus: India Wakes Up To Empty Streets Amid Lockdowns
- COVID-19: IND Still Dicey Over Olympic Exit
- Coronavirus: Angela Merkel In Quarantine After Her Doctor Tests Positive
- Harvey Weinstein Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Jail
- Air India's Corona Warriors Face Ostracisation In Housing Societies
- 'Follow Instructions Seriously': PM Modi Asks States To Strictly Enforce Lockdown
- COVID-19: Premier League, NBA, F1 – When Is Sport Aiming To Return?