Triple Olympic gold winner hockey player Leslie Claudius has been hospitalised with abnormal fluid retention problem.
But his son Brandon informed that his father was recovering and responding well to the medication.
The legendary hockey Olympian, who will turn 85 next month, is being treated at the Calcutta Medical Research Institute and the state government has come forward with a financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh.
"He complained of stomach problem on Monday as his lower part of the body retained fluid. We had to rush him to the hospital. He is under medication to remove the excessive fluid. He is recovering," Brandon said.
Claudius has three Olympic gold medals -- London 1948, Helsinki 1952 and Melbourne 1956. At Rome 1960, he had led India to a silver medal finish.
Leslie Claudius Hospitalised
THE LATEST ISSUE
- RBI Reduces Key Repo Rate By 75 Basis Points To 4.4% Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Death Toll Rises To 17; Positive Cases Soar To 724 In India
- US Has Now Most Positive Coronavirus Cases In World; Overtakes China, Italy
- 'We Are At War And Not Winning': UN Chief Calls For Wartime Plan To Fight COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Raises Serious Questions About China's Conduct
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: Athletes Qualified For 2020 Olympics Will Keep 2021 Spots – REPORT
- UP Cops Make People Hop With Bags During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Working Together With G20 Countries Against Coronavirus Pandemic: Donald Trump
- Harassment Of Workers Threatens Production Of COVID-19 Test Kits
- Panic-Buying Can Lead To Lack Of Essential Items During Lockdown
- Coronavirus: A James Bond-Inspired Mobile App Helping TN Authorities
- Rs 50 Lakh Insurance Cover For Doctors, Healthcare Workers Fighting COVID-19
- Key Questions As Wimbledon Faces Postponement Or Cancellation