In an oblique reference to the MNS, AICC General Secretary and a member of the Youth Congress in-charge of Rahul Gandhi's brigade, Priya Dutta, MP, today said that Maharashtra was "no one's personal property" and people from any state had the constitutional right "to stay, work and live there."
Addressing a meeting after launching the Youth Congress membership drive for Begusarai and Khagari Lok Sabha constituencies in Bihar, Dutt said Maharashtra is no one's personal property and people have the constitutional right to stay.
Dutt, however, did not name the Maharashtra Navanirman Sena or its supremo Raj Thackeray whose oft repeated anti-Bihari remarks are well known.
Brushing aside Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's allegation that whenever Congress came to power, prices of essential commodities had escalated, she linked the price rise to subsidy granted to farmers saying "enhanced subsidy to farmers has been responsible for the price rise."
Referring to the drive launched at the initiative of Rahul Gandhi, Dutt said the AICC General Secretary wanted "democracy in the party by enrolling youths for further strengthening the organisation."
Maharashtra is No One's Personal Property: Priya Dutt
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Opening Sabarimala Temple May Pose Greater Challenges In Fighting COVID-19: KK Shailaja
- RR Vs RCB: 6, 6, 6... ABD On Fire, Bangalore Need 10 In 6
- Press, Trust And India: Govt Mulls Its Own News Service
- LATHICHARGE DIARY: RLD Leader Jayant Chaudhary On Being Caned In Hathras
- PM Modi Reviews Vaccine Delivery Plan, Seeks 'Speedy Access'
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Court Orders FIR Against Kangana Ranaut, Sister Rangoli
- DC Vs CSK: Chennai Bat First, Iyer Fit To Play
- Editors Guild Of India Gets Its First Elected President
- Bihar’s New DGP Lands In The Middle of NDA-Vs-RJD Poll Tussle
- Gupkar Alliance Needs Clear Roadmap, Say Kashmir Parties
- DDLJ Turns 25: Love In Tulip Gardens Of Europe, And Mustard Fields Of Punjab
- Global Hunger Index 2020: India Ranks 94 Out Of 107 Countries
- Koeman Won't Back Down On Griezmann's Barcelona Position