A father who lost his son in the September 2008 Malegaon bomb blast today approached the Bombay High Court seeking for the court to reject the bail plea of prime accused Lt Col Prasad Purohit.
Nisar Ahmed Bilal whose son Sayyed Azhar died in the blast has filed an application in the High Court seeking permission to intervene in the bail petition of Purohit being heard by the court.
"There is enough evidence against Purohit in the chargesheet filed by the ATS. Prima facie involvement shows he committed terrorist acts and hence should not be released on bail," advocate Khalid Azmi, appearing for Bilal, told the court.
Justice A M Thipsay has posted the matter for hearing on August 22 along with Purohit's bail plea.
Purohit in his bail plea has stated that there was no evidence against him and he was falsely implicated in the case.
ATS has arrested 12 persons for allegedly conducting bomb blasts at Malegaon in September 2008 killing six persons and injuring several others. Two of the accused - Shyam Sahu and Shivnarayan Kalsangra - were granted bail earlier by the High Court.
The case was recently transferred to the National Investigating Agency (NIA).
Malegaon Blast Victim's Father Opposes Purohit's Bail
THE LATEST ISSUE
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Amid Backlash, Centre Questions Intent Of PIL Seeking Halt Of Central Vista Construction
- Cong Will Be Remembered For ‘Duplicity, Pettiness’: JP Nadda To Sonia Gandhi
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga For Second Day In A Row
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Covid Explained: How Vaccines Work On Different Body Types
- What Is Mucormycosis? What Are Its Symptoms And Treatment?
- Bengaluru To Witness Covid Peak By May 17: Experts
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Users Who Don’t Accept Privacy Terms Won’t Get Calls: WhatsApp
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- Some Indian Players Didn't Like COVID-19 Restrictions: MI Coach
- Checkmate COVID: Vishy, Four Other GMs To Raise Fund