A father who lost his son in the September 2008 Malegaon bomb blast today approached the Bombay High Court seeking for the court to reject the bail plea of prime accused Lt Col Prasad Purohit.
Nisar Ahmed Bilal whose son Sayyed Azhar died in the blast has filed an application in the High Court seeking permission to intervene in the bail petition of Purohit being heard by the court.
"There is enough evidence against Purohit in the chargesheet filed by the ATS. Prima facie involvement shows he committed terrorist acts and hence should not be released on bail," advocate Khalid Azmi, appearing for Bilal, told the court.
Justice A M Thipsay has posted the matter for hearing on August 22 along with Purohit's bail plea.
Purohit in his bail plea has stated that there was no evidence against him and he was falsely implicated in the case.
ATS has arrested 12 persons for allegedly conducting bomb blasts at Malegaon in September 2008 killing six persons and injuring several others. Two of the accused - Shyam Sahu and Shivnarayan Kalsangra - were granted bail earlier by the High Court.
The case was recently transferred to the National Investigating Agency (NIA).
Malegaon Blast Victim's Father Opposes Purohit's Bail
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- KXIP Vs CSK LIVE: KL, Pooran On Fire; Punjab 152/2 (17)
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Piyush Goyal Inaugurates Kolkata's Phoolbagan Station
- Hathras Case: Editors Guild Condemns UP Govt For Obstructing Media
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- CM Kejriwal Set To Launch Mega Anti-Air Pollution Campaign
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Nadal Makes Light Work Of Korda In Gusty Paris