Opposition Presidential candidate P A Sangma today said his two daughters, Christie and Agatha, were named after prominent British novelist Agatha Christie, whose book was presented to him by the then Orissa chief minister Biju Patnaik.
"I named my two daughters after Agatha Christie. Biju Patnaik had presented me with a Agatha Christe book when I met him for the first time in 1977," Sangma told a gathering of BJD MLAs and MPs during his campaign trail here.
Sangma said he admired Biju Patnaik who was a friend of young MPs then. "I also admire Naveen. He too has the same courage," Sangma said.
While Sangma's younger daughter Agatha is the minister of state for Rural Development, his elder daughter Christie is a non-political person. Of his two sons, Conrad Sangma is the leader of Opposition in Meghalaya Assembly.
Naveen Patnaik's father Biju Patnaik had named Indonesia's president Megawati Sukarnoputri.
President Sukarno had requested Biju Patnaik to name his daughter who was born after the Patnaik, in his capacity as a fighter pilot, had rescued the Sukarno family in stormy weather and flew them to safety demonstrating extraordinary bravery.
My Daughters Named After Agatha Christie: Sangma
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Indra Gupta, The Sarkari Doctor Aspiring To Keep Jaipur In The Pink Of Health
- Stay Wherever You Are To Stop Coronavirus From Spreading: PM's Message To Country
- 'Don't Panic,' Sonia Gandhi Tells People, Suggests PM Annouce Sector-Wise Relief Package
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 283; Amid Fear, Country To Observe 'Janata Curfew' Tomorrow
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Vasundhara Raje, Who Attended Party With Kanika Kapoor, Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To Daily Wage Labourers, Construction Workers
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Clapping Won't Help, Country Needs Economic Package: Rahul's Jibe At PM Modi
- Some To Protest From Balconies Against NRC, CAA During Janta Curfew
- Coronavirus: SC Lawyer Bodies Appeal To CJI To Declare Holidays For 2-4 Weeks
- Mary Kom Breaks Quarantine Protocol Amid Coronavirus Scare
- Coronavirus Grows, As Do Questions: Will The Tokyo Olympics Open?