The RSS today claimed that there was no rap for its chief Mohan Bhagwat from the Supreme Court on his reported comments that the head of Maharashtra ATS Hemant Karkare had told him that he was under pressure to implicate Sangh activists in several cases of bomb blasts.
In a statement, RSS leader Manmohan Vaidya said that reports in certain sections of the media to this effect was "a totally false and baseless propaganda".
"During the hearings in Supreme Court there was not even a mention of the name of RSS Sarsanghchalak Dr Mohanrao Bhagwatji," he said.
However, on Wednesday Additional Solicitor General Harin Rawal had told a Bench of Justices H L Dattu and Anil R. Dave about Bhagwat's interview to national daily in which Karkare was quoted as having told the RSS chief that "...He was under pressure to implicate right-wing outfits".
Justice Dattu had told Rawal that the Bench had not come across the news item.
No SC Rap for Bhagwat: RSS
THE LATEST ISSUE
- How State Governments Are Managing The Coronavirus Pandemic Amid 21-day Lockdown
- Hit By Coronavirus Lockdown, 90-Year-old Kajodi Trudges Home, 400 Km Away
- RBI Decision On Moratorium On Term Loan Payments Big Relief, Will Help Reduce Financial Stress On Borrowers
- Hundreds Of Pets Abandoned In Mumbai After WHO Hoardings On COVID-19 Trigger Panic
- Why IND's Hockey Coach Reid Thinks COVID-19 A Blessing In Disguise
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- UK PM Boris Johnson, Health Secretary Test Positive For Coronavirus
- Stuck in Bangladesh, Kashmiri Students Seek Evacuation Amid Covid-19 Fears
- The Delhi Cop Who Looks After 350 Poor Families Amid Covid-19 Lockdown
- Coronavirus: Stop Mass Exodus Of Labourers, MHA Asks States
- Coronavirus: RBI Reduces Key Repo Rate By 75 Basis Points To 4.4%
- All Domestic Flights Suspended Till April 14, Says DGCA
- Times Group Sends ThePrint Legal Notice For Story On Covid19 Spread Through Paper
- Tendulkar Donates 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19