Virender Sehwag has a penchant for throwing away his wicket after entering the nervous nineties but New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder said that's the way the dashing India opener plays and one should not find it 'bizarre'.
Sehwag today got out after scoring a typically aggressive 96 and never allowed the New Zealand bowlers to settle into any sort of rhythm during his stay at the crease, on day two of the second Test at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium here.
"That's the way he plays. He played like that during the entire innings, so there is nothing bizarre about that," Ryder said when asked about Sehwag's dismissal in the nineties.
Ryder saw off an inspired spell of fast bowling from Zaheer Khan in the morning session to guide New Zealand to a respectable position but the burly middle-order batsman felt that his team was 100 runs short of what they were looking for.
"We were probably 100 runs short but India came out and bowled pretty well and we lost three quick wickets," he said.
He felt the two wickets, of Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir, late in the day would help the Kiwis.
"Those wickets will definitely help us but we were lucky enough to get Sehwag out," Ryder said.
Nothing Bizarre About Sehwag's Dismissal in 90s:Ryder
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Casteaways: Hathras Throws Up Uncomfortable Questions For BJP
- Khushbu Sundar Dropped As Congress Spokesperson, To Join BJP Today
- Riyan Parag's Bihu Jig Adds Flavour To Rajasthan Royals' Stunning Victory
- Life Hit In Mumbai After Massive Power Outage Due To Grid Failure
- The Curious Case Of True Indology And Other Tweets
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Madhubani Diary: Dalit Artist Paints A Portrait With Words
- Hathras Rape Victim's Family To Appear Before HC Today
- Ranking Mechanism For Vocational Training Institutions Is The Need Of The Hour
- Rajasthan Priest Case: Crime Branch Takes Over Investigation
- 100% Cut Off In DU Admission Reflects Absurdity In Board Marks
- In A First, Eight Indian Beaches Get Blue Flag Status
- French Open Final: Nadal Thrashes Djokovic, Ties Federer's Slam Record
- Bihar Elections 2020: BJP Releases List Of 46 Candidates For Phase 2