Former India captain, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, has approached the Bombay High Court against the Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) for an alleged breach of the agreement which he signed at the time of appointment as consultant.
Pataudi has sought appointment of an arbitrator saying that the BCCI failed to abide by the 2007 agreement. He has also claimed fees of Rs 1.16 crore.
According to his application, the Agreement came into effect from October 1, 2007, whereby Pataudi was to offer consultancy.
The agreement was for five years, and BCCI had agreed to pay him Rs one crore annually. If either of the parties wanted to terminate the contract, they had to invoke arbitration clause, Pataudi's plea says.
"Patuadi received Rs 50 lakh in August 2008 for the period October 2007 to September 2008. In December 2008, Pataudi sent a notice to BCCI asking them to pay the remaining amount," the application states.
BCCI however, in October 2010, sent him a letter, asking him to serve on the governing council of IPL as per the amended terms passed in the general body meeting, which held that a person can not be on governing councils of both IPL and BCCI.
The amended resolution also denied remuneration to the members of governing council of BCCI, who were also serving on the governing council of IPL.
Before approaching the High Court, Pataudi had sent a letter to BCCI in January this year seeking appointment of arbitrator. When there was no reply, he approached the court. The application would come up for hearing next week.
Pataudi Drags BCCI to High Court
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Double Trouble: Covid And Toxic Air Make A Lethal Cocktail
- KXIP Vs SRH: Arshdeep, Jordan Script Stunning Win For Punjab
- Mehbooba Mufti Won't Carry Tricolour? Doesn't Matter, J&K People Will: BJP
- Amazon, Flipkart Bumper Sales: What Are Indians Buying This Festive Season?
- People's Alliance Adopts Erstwhile J&K State Flag As Gupkar Alliance Symbol
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- KKR Vs DC: Chakravarthy Spins Kolkata To Win
- Yellow Pollen Of Cedars Give Red-Eyes to Shimla Residents
- Income Tax Return Filing Deadline For FY20 Extended Till December 31
- Delhi Riots 2020: Court Says Police Officials Can Be Reliable Witnesses
- Delhi Airport Starts Covid-19 Testing For International Departures
- BJP Politicising Punjab Rape Case Due To Bihar Polls: Rahul Gandhi
- Woman Orders Burger, Gets Only Ketchup; Here’s Why
- Madrid Beat Barca 3-1 In Clasico