Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to the concerned authorities on a petition by actress Sharmila Tagore and her family members demanding access to their 96-acre land in Bhopal after the construction of a footpath with railings which is blocking the route.
The notices were issued by the division bench of Chief Justice S A Bobade and Justice Rajendra Menon yesterday to Bhopal Collector, Lake Conservation Authority and Housing and Environment Department on a petition filed by Sharmila
Tagore, her son Saif Ali Khan and daughter Soha Ali Khan.
The petitioners alleged that following the construction of a VIP road and the footpath with railings by the concerned authorities, access to their ancestral land situated alongside the road and facing Bhopal's picturesque Upper Lake was blocked.
The land was registered in the name of Begum Sajida Sultan, mother of late Mansoor Ali Khan, famously known as Nawab
Pataudi, in the revenue records.
After the death of Pataudi, his wife Sharmila and other family members were contesting the case.
Sharmila's advocate Rajesh Pancholi said the bench has ordered the concerned authorities to reply to the notice within two weeks.
Earlier also, the family had filed a petition in the High Court demanding compensation for constructing VIP road on their land without legally acquiring it following which the court directed the Collector to file a report in the matter.
However, the Collector has not yet given its report in the matter, Pancholi claimed.
Pataudi Family's Petition: HC Notice to Bhopal Officials
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Don't Vote For JD(U), BJP-LJP Will Form Next Govt,' Says Chirag Paswan
- RCB Vs DC LIVE: Kohli Wins Toss, Bangalore Bowl
- Air Chief Marshal On Eastern Border Standoff: China Can’t Get Better Of Us
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- 2 CRPF Personnel Killed In Terrorist Attack In Kashmir’s Pampore
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- Delhi Riots: Umar Khalid Sent To 14 Days Judicial Custody
- AIIMS Report A 'Slap' On Those 'Defaming' Maharashtra: Minister
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Amit Mishra's Season Ends
- Cavani To Man Utd, Depay To Barca: Possible Transfer Deadline Day Deals