Due to apparent goof-ups in the electoral rolls for BMC polls, Congress MP Priya Dutt's photo in the list is not hers while the photo of her actor brother Sanjay Dutt's wife Maanayata shown in the list is someone else's.
Even additional chief secretary of the state election commission Chand Goel, is not spared from the goof-ups in the rolls, as his sex is shown as female. Goel's surname is also wrongly spelt as 'Goyal'.
Dutt, Member of Parliament from North Central Mumbai cannot recognise her face on the electoral list because her photo has been switched with one Ratna Gupta's. She also won't be able to search her name in the English list available online as her surname is spelled as 'Datt'.
In the rolls, Sanjay Dutt's wife Maanayata (Dilnasheel Dutt) has the picture of one Shivani Gupta.
The state electoral list for the BMC polls, scheduled on February 16, was released recently.
State Election Commissioner Neela Satyanarayan said, "we kept our offices open for appropriate changes to be done, before the voters list was finally released on January 5."
Priya Dutt Victim of Goof-Up in Voters' List
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Indra Gupta, The Sarkari Doctor Aspiring To Keep Jaipur In The Pink Of Health
- Stay Wherever You Are To Stop Coronavirus From Spreading: PM's Message To Country
- 'Don't Panic,' Sonia Gandhi Tells People, Suggests PM Annouce Sector-Wise Relief Package
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 283; Amid Fear, Country To Observe 'Janata Curfew' Tomorrow
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Vasundhara Raje, Who Attended Party With Kanika Kapoor, Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To Daily Wage Labourers, Construction Workers
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Clapping Won't Help, Country Needs Economic Package: Rahul's Jibe At PM Modi
- Some To Protest From Balconies Against NRC, CAA During Janta Curfew
- Coronavirus: SC Lawyer Bodies Appeal To CJI To Declare Holidays For 2-4 Weeks
- Mary Kom Breaks Quarantine Protocol Amid Coronavirus Scare
- Coronavirus Grows, As Do Questions: Will The Tokyo Olympics Open?