Stating that commercial sex workers too are a part of the society, Congress M P Priya Dutt today said their profession should be legalised.
"I feel that prostitution should be granted a legal status so that the livelihood of sex workers is not affected," the Congress MP said at an interaction with media at the Indore pres press club.
"They are a part of the society, we can not ignore their rights," she said.
Priya also said that prostitution is known as the oldest profession in the world and it has to face exploitation by society, police and sometimes even by the media.
On the issue of suicides of farmers she said that since failure to repay loans was the biggest cause, the government should make policies to facilitate loans at low interest rate.
Talking about rising prices, she said even she was affected as a housewife, but the central government was making efforts to bring the inflation down.
Prostitution Should be Legalised: Priya Dutt
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- The Saudi Crown Prince Reveals His Schizophrenia
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- 'You Can't Stop Thefts Till Thieves Repent': R. Ashwin On 'Mankading'
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- IAF Has Demonstrated Its Capability To Engage With The Adversary: IAF Chief
- Bihar Elections: Former DGP Gupteshwar Pandey Left Ticketless
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- China Will Pay A Big Price For Spreading Covid-19 Globally: Trump
- I Am Still A Student Of Cinema: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Tablighi Case: Freedom Of Speech Most Abused, Says SC
- India’s GDP Expected To Contract By 9.6 Percent This Fiscal: World Bank
- Ind Vs Aus 2020-21: Cricket Series To Start With ODIs In Brisbane From Nov 25