Shankaracharya Swami Swarupanand has slammed Ramdev's tirade against blackmoney and corruption saying the yoga-guru's campaign was "based on lies".
"A satyagrahi never runs away, he courts arrest. Ramdev's campaign was based on lies and this outcome was bound to happen," he said.
The police crackdown at Ramlila Maidan on the intervening night of June 4 and 5 in Delhi was justified, he told mediapersons at the Rajrajeshwari temple here yesterday.
He also alleged that the anti-graft campaign of Anna Hazare was being "sponsored" by the media.
"Anna's campaign is sponsored by the media and it has already been made a partner by using SMS and advertisements," he said.
On the Communal Violence Prevention Bill, Swami Swarupanand said the law was equal for all and no such bill could be passed which was against the Constitution.
Ramdev's Campaign Based on Lies: Swarupanand
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Omar Abdullah, Ex-J&K CM, Released After Almost 8 Months Of Detention
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Delhi's Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Two More Test Positive In Bengal; Cases Across India Spike To 500
- First Communal Violence, Now Coronavirus Fears, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- India Has Tremendous Capacity To Combat Coronavirus, Says WHO
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- J&K Police Filing FIRs, Using Drones In Fight Against Coronavirus
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Olympics Postponement Inevitable: IOC Official
- Bajrang Punia Donates Six Months' Salary In Fight Against COVID-19