Two suspected members of Satya Prakash gang, which was involved in Monday's encounter in the Capital apart from a number of robberies, have been remanded to two days' police custody by a city court for their interrogation and the recovery of weapons of offence.
Harpal Singh and Nadir Shah, who had escaped from the encounter scene in Green Park Extension and appeared in a TV channel's studio before being arrested, were today produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjeev Kumar who remanded them to police custody till January 22.
The Delhi Police's Investigating Officer (IO) sought two days police custody from the court submitting that they were yet to recover the weapons of offence from them.
The IO also told the court that the police had also nabbed Satya Prakash along with three others -- Shakeel, Sonu and Nadeem, either Afghan or Uzbeck origin -- who were all injured in the encounter.
He alleged that the two, who were arrested yesterday from a TV channel's studio, along with others were planning to rob a bank in the Capital.
Earlier, the counsel for Singh withdrew his application claiming that the accused was a juvenile. The plea was withdrawn after the original birth certificate showed that he was about 19 years of age.
The court, while granting the police plea for custodial interrogation also allowed the counsel to meet the accused during the custody at the police station.
Following a day-light gun battle, the police apprehended four gang members who received bullet injuries. The police also recovered loaded pistols as well as two cars after the encounter.
S. Delhi Encounter: 2 Gangsters in Police Custody
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 468; 19 States, UTs Under Lockdown
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Coronavirus: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: Postponement Of Tokyo Olympics Inevitable – IOC Official
- Health Insurance Policies For Cricketers, Officials Cover COVID-19 Too: CAB