Former captain Nawab Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi's youngest daughter Saba Ali Khan has taken over as custodian of a royal trust which looks after the Pataudi properties spread across India and Saudi Arabia.
Speaking to reporters last evening after formally assuming the charge as the Naib Mutawalli (custodian) of the Aukaf-e-Shahi Trust, Saba said it was her father's dream that she should take over this post.
Saba said her father's death left her with a sense of immense responsibility much before she expected.
Replying to a query Saba said she would try her best to come true to late Pataudi's expectations and would like to work on the issues related to education of the girl child and service to the poor in her capacity as custodian of the trust.
The huge properties that comes under the royal trust include grand mosques, religious structures, the famous dargah of Sufi saint Baba Peer Fatehullah at Raisen, charitable institutions, graveyards and the Rubaats (shelters) for Haj pilgrims in Saudi Arabia.
On the occasion, Saba presented a cheque for Rs five lakh to Madhya Pradesh Wakf Board chairman Ghuran-e-Azam for the charitable 75-bed hospital run by it.
Saba Ali Khan Takes Charge as Custodian of Royal Trust
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 468; 19 States, UTs Under Lockdown
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Coronavirus: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: Postponement Of Tokyo Olympics Inevitable – IOC Official
- Health Insurance Policies For Cricketers, Officials Cover COVID-19 Too: CAB