The mortal remains of Sadhana Amte, wife of one of the country's most respected social worker Baba Amte, were laid to rest in Anandvan at Warora in the district in the presence of hundreds of inmates of Anandvan, political leaders and other prominent personalities on Sunday afternoon.
She was cremated at Shradhavan located on the premises of Anandvan.
Sandhana Amte died on Saturday at Anandvan ashram at the age of 85 following prolonged illness.
Hundreds of followers thronged Anandvan to catch her last glimpse.
Guardian Minister of the district, Sanjay Deotale placed a wreath on the mortal remains. Dr Vikas Amte, Dr Prakash Amte and other members and closed ones of the Amte family were present.
State president of BJP Sudhir Mungantiwar, social workers Dr Abhay Bang and Dr Rani Bang were some of those who came to pay their last tributes.
Sadhana Amte Cremated at Anandvan
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: Death Toll In India Reaches 6; Positive Cases Climb To 341
- Janata Curfew Underway; Streets Empty As PM Modi Urges People To Stay Home
- 13 Soldiers Untraceable 24 Hours After Encounter With Naxals In Chhattisgarh
- From Handling Trauma Victims To COVID-19 Patients, Abdul Rehman Has Carried Them All
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: India's Death Toll Rises To 5 As Man Dies In Maharashtra
- Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Crosses 13,000 As 1 Billion Confined To Homes
- Coronavirus: Health Authorities In Kashmir Demand Ventilators
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- Baroda Women's Cricket Coach Suspended For Alleged Harassment
- Olympics: IOC Asks Member Countries About Coronavirus Impact