The security cover of Mahant Gyan Das and Mohammad Hashim Ansari, two of the main litigants in the Ayodhya title suits case who are chief negotiators of peace talks in the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Mosque dispute, has been removed.
The security cover provided by the local administration to the two leaders after they initiated peaceful talks for an out-of-court settlement of the Ayodhya dispute was taken off late last evening, official sources said.
Due to a security risk to the two litigants, they were provided round-the-clock Y category security after the Allahabad High Court judgement in the case on September 30. Three police gunners and half-a-dozen armed PAC personals were posted at their respective residences.
While the PAC personnel were called back last evening, the gunners continue to be deployed at the respective residences, though their number has been reduced.
Ayodhya police circle officer Rakesh Kumar Pandey said, "Ayodhya has got enough security forces and it has been deployed at places according to the need".
However, sources in the police department said due to shortfall in security forces in Ayodhya, the PAC security cover has been withdrawn from both leaders.
Talking to PTI, Hashim Ansari said, "On some high official's order, PAC jawans posted here for my security were removed. I was provided three police gunners round the clock, now only two are left. When I will move out, these two gunners will accompany me and nobody will be left behind me to protect my house and my family".
A staff member at the residence of Mahant Gyan Das at Hanuman Garhi premises told PTI, "The PAC camp established for Mahantji's security has been removed. Even his personal security of police gunners has been minimised".
Security of Negotiators of Ayodhya Peace Talks Removed
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Amid COVID-19 Risk, Thousands Of Migrant Workers Queue At Delhi Bus Terminals To Leave For Hometowns
- India's Coronavirus Case Count Reaches 198 After 179 New Cases Emerge In Single Day
- What India Has Now Is A Clone Emergency: Just Ask The Police
- Ramayan A Wholesome Treat For Soul, Shouldn't Be Viewed From Political Angle: Deepika Chikhalia
- Every Player Is A Story, Says Hockey Coach Graham Reid
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- IAS Officer In Odisha Draws Public Ire For 'Violating' 14-Day Home Quarantine
- Soaring Bus Fares Worsens Distress Of Migrant Workers Amid Covid-19 Crisis
- COAI Urges To Refrain From Unnecessary Downloading, Uploading On Internet
- Coronavirus: UP To Release 11,000 Prisoners On Parole To Decongest Jails
- 'Trying Three Existing Drugs To Treat COVID-19': IICT
- 'They Pelted Stones To Attack': Police Blank Fire In Assam To Close Market
- Klopp Said Liverpool Vs Atletico Going Ahead Was A 'Criminal Act': Ancelotti
- BCCI Pledges INR 51 Crores To PM-CARES Fund