After bagging four Golden Globes, British Indian film 'Slumdog Millionaire' has earned 11 nominations at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards (BAFTA) on Thursday, with music director A R Rahman being nominated for the Best Music Score.
The BAFTA nominations for 'Slumdog' come days after the film stormed away with four prizes at prestigious Golden Globe awards on January 11 where Rahman bagged the Best Original Music Score award for 'Jai Ho', a first for any Indian.
The Boyle film has been nominated in the Best Film category, which has challengers like 'The Curious Case of Bejamin Button,' 'Frost/Nixon,' 'Milk,' and 'The Reader'. The film has also been nominated under the category of Outstanding British Film.
In the Best Director category, Danny Boyle will compete with veteran Clint Eastwood, David Fincher, Ron Howard and Stephen Daldry.
Sinmon Beaufoy has been nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for 'Slumdog Millionaire', which is based on novel 'Q and A' by Indian diplomat Vikas Swarup.
In the lead actor category, British Indian Dev Patel has earned the nomination for his portrayal of slumdweller Jamaal in 'Slumdog'. His co-star in the film, Indian Freida Pinto, has earned a nomination in the supporting actress category.
Living up to its reputation of an underdog-winner tale, 'Slumdog' is turning out to be the darling of almost all the pre-Oscar award ceremonies. The film has emerged a strong contender for Oscars next month.
'Slumdog' Leads with 11 Nominations at BAFTA
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: To Express Gratitude To Doctors, India Claps, Clangs Thalis
- Coronavirus: Metro, Bus And Rail Services Suspended; Lockdown In 75 Districts
- Bodies Of 17 Missing Soldiers Found Day After Encounter With Naxals In Chhattisgarh
- From Handling Trauma Victims To COVID-19 Patients, Abdul Rehman Has Carried Them All
- Coronavirus: India's Partial Lockdown Reeks Of Class, Caste Bias Leaving Socially, Sexually Disadvantaged Groups Vulnerable
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: India's Death Toll Rises To 6 As Two Die In Bihar, Mumbai
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Crosses 13,000 As 1 Billion Confined To Homes
- Coronavirus: Janata Curfew Underway; Streets Empty As People Stay Indoors
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- COVID-19: India Hockey Team Better Placed Than Others - Chief Coach
- Olympics: IOC Asks Member Countries About Coronavirus Impact