Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh today rubbished BJP's accusation that his statement on the late Maharashtra ATS Chief Hemant Karkare amounted to helping terrorists in India or Pakistan.
Singh triggered a controversy recently when he said that Karkare had talked to him about threats from radical right-wing groups before his death in Mumbai terror attack.
"I do not think that there is any way in which it can be said that my statement on Karkare helped terrorists in India or Pakistan in any regard," he told PTI here.
Singh said that BJP and RSS appeared to be fond of criticising him but he would like to ask them about those who belonged to the Sangh Parivar and were linked to blasts and other similar activities.
Asked if the reported confession by Swami Aseemanand would blunt the Sangh Parivar's attack on him, Singh said he would not be surprised `if they said Digvijay Singh is a bigger terrorist than Swami Aseemanand'.
The former Chief Minister was highly critical of the way BJP government in Madhya Pradesh dealt with terrorists.
"Instead of apprehending terrorists, the State government was doing its best to shelter them", Singh alleged.
Statement on Karkare Doesn't Help Terrorists: Digvijay
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Indra Gupta, The Sarkari Doctor Aspiring To Keep Jaipur In The Pink Of Health
- Stay Wherever You Are To Stop Coronavirus From Spreading: PM's Message To Country
- 'Don't Panic,' Sonia Gandhi Tells People, Suggests PM Annouce Sector-Wise Relief Package
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 283; Amid Fear, Country To Observe 'Janata Curfew' Tomorrow
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Vasundhara Raje, Who Attended Party With Kanika Kapoor, Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To Daily Wage Labourers, Construction Workers
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Clapping Won't Help, Country Needs Economic Package: Rahul's Jibe At PM Modi
- Some To Protest From Balconies Against NRC, CAA During Janta Curfew
- Coronavirus: SC Lawyer Bodies Appeal To CJI To Declare Holidays For 2-4 Weeks
- Mary Kom Breaks Quarantine Protocol Amid Coronavirus Scare
- PK-da Was 'Guardian Angel Of Indian Football,' Bhutia