Senior Urdu journalist Sajid Rashid passed away this evening at a hospital here, family sources said.
He was 60 and is survived by wife and three sons.
Rashid, editor of Urdu daily Shahafat, had undergone a bypass surgery couple of days ago.
Family sources said that he was operated in Prince Aly Khan hospital and after a heart surgery he passed away this evening.
Rashid was also the editor of the daily, Urdu Times, for 10 years. He was a regular columnist for various national Hindi dailies.
Rashid was also the chairman of Maharashtra State Urdu Academy in 1995.
Veteran Urdu Journalist Sajid Rashid Passes Away
THE LATEST ISSUE
- How State Governments Are Managing The Coronavirus Pandemic Amid 21-day Lockdown
- UK PM Boris Johnson, Health Secretary Test Positive For Coronavirus
- RBI Decision On Moratorium On Term Loan Payments Big Relief, Will Help Reduce Financial Stress On Borrowers
- Hundreds Of Pets Abandoned In Mumbai After WHO Hoardings On COVID-19 Trigger Panic
- Hit By Coronavirus Lockdown, 90-Year-Old Kajodi Trudges Home, 400 Km Away
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Stuck in Bangladesh, Kashmiri Students Seek Evacuation Amid Covid-19 Fears
- The Delhi Cop Who Looks After 350 Poor Families Amid Covid-19 Lockdown
- Coronavirus: Stop Mass Exodus Of Labourers, MHA Asks States
- Coronavirus: RBI Reduces Key Repo Rate By 75 Basis Points To 4.4%
- Arvind Kejriwal Announces Daily Meals For 4 Lakh People Amid Lockdown
- All Domestic Flights Suspended Till April 14, Says DGCA
- Times Group Sends ThePrint Legal Notice For Story On Covid19 Spread Through Paper
- Tendulkar Donates 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19